Saturday, January 22, 2011

8th Grade Kids - Meditation Letters

Students at Monarch School: Write Letters About Meditation to a Friend


Dear Perla,

Meditation is really helpful, because it will help you relieve stress. When we have done meditation in the class, after I felt happier and like a whole different person because I was more calm. If I could do meditation 24/7 I would, or if I could teach it I would. I would suggest meditation to you because I know that kids our age have a lot of drama, at school, home, or even on the streets. - 8th grade female


Dear Jesse,

It feels great to meditat in class quietly. It has helped me overcome my being mad. It was really fun in the class. We got to eat every week for a couple minutes in there too. I've used meditation when I get frustrated. I've also used it when I want to enjoy my food. I would like to use meditation in my daily life more. It really is useful. - 7th grade boy








Founded in 1988, Monarch School and its committed team of teachers, administrators and volunteers is dedicated to providing homeless and at-risk children with an accredited education while caring for their basic needs. Today, more than 160 kids between the ages of 4 and 19 are enrolled at Monarch School.

1 comment: